Destroy the Digidestined and rule the Digital World and the real world
Is defeated by the Digidestined
|~ Myotismon to the Digidestined.|
Myotismon, known as Vamdemon in the Japanese version, is one of the major antagonists in the anime,Digimon. He is perhaps the most evil of them all, and if a "main villain" for the entire first two seasons could be named, it would be Myotismon. He also reappeared in the videogame Digimon World Data Squad, and in the anime Digimon Xros Wars.
Myotismon is an Ultimate Level Digimon. His appearance is of a vampire, with pale blue skin, gold hair and a red, bat-like mask. He is also dressed elegantly as a gentleman, and also has a red vampire-like cape.
It seems that whenever he is destroyed, his shadowy spirit form will return, and can be revived in a stronger digivolved form through certain procedures. The only way to finish him off for good is to destroy his shadow form.
Digimon Adventure 01 Edit
After Etemon was defeated, Myotismon emerged as the third main villain of Season 1. There, he sent his pathetic servant, DemiDevimon, to try and defeat the Digidestined, but each of his plans failed. He tried to find the eighth Digidestined and take over both the Digital World and the real world. He and his servants got to the real world, but one Digimon, Wizardmon, who was only pretending to be following Myotismon, attempts to get the tag and crest for the eighth digidestined. Myotismon had his bats throw him into the ocean. Gatomon, initially one of Myotismon's servants, remembers that he enslaved her while she was searching for the eighth Digidestined as Salamon.
Often Myotismon would bite people and suck their blood, as vampires do. Also he would only come out at night, as he is weaker during the day.
Myotismon put up a fog barrier, and captured all the inhabitants of the city. The Digidestined fought against him and his many minions. It soon became revealed to the Digidestined that Tai's sister Kari was the eighth Digidestined all along. TK and Joe find Wizardmon, and soon a battle begins between the Digidestined and Myotismon. Myotismon appears to be more powerful than the others, with only Angemon able to damage him. Myotismon shoots an energy wave at Kari and Gatomon, but Wizardmon jumps in front of them and is killed by the blast.
Kari gets her Digivice back from DemiDevimon, allowing Gatomon to Digivolve into her Ultimate form, Angewomon, and hit Myotismon with a Celestial Arrow, killing him. However, However, everyone didn't believe that Myotismon's spirit lives on, and his fog was still around. Gennai then told the prophecy about the king of the undead. Bats would blanket the sky in darkness, the fallen would chant the king's name, and at the stroke of the hour of the beast, the king's true form would appear. Everything that Gennai mentioned started to happen and soon VenomMyotismon was born. He has an insatiable hunger, at one point devouring his own servant, DemiDevimon. MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon both attacked VenomMyotismon, but the giant monster easily wiped them out. Angemon and Angewomon distracted VenomMyotismon while Izzy plans a miracle. He is the first Mega Digimon to be introduced in the series and it is because of his appearance that the DigiDestined learn about the Mega level. Though he is much more powerful than Myotismon, he is also much less intelligent. He is quick to anger, and is solely motivated by his desire to devour life. The only thing he retains from Myotismon being a strong hatred of the Digidestined. When WarGreymon tunneled though VenomMyotismon's abdomen, his true form, "The Beast Within" reveals himself. He is defeated when they clog his true body with a water tower and WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon combine their attacks, which obliterated VenomMyotismon.
Digimon Adventure 02 Edit
In Season 2, it is revealed that, once again, Myotismon first appears as a creepy talking mouth speaking with first Yukio Oikawa, and exits his body to appear under a new form, more powerful than ever named MaloMyotismon. After he tortured and killed Arukenimon and Mummymon as well, the Digidestined were afraid to battle him, but Davis wouldn't give up and told the others that they must fight for courage.
ExVeemon then attacked MaloMyotismon, but then the battle was interrupted when MaloMyotismon created illusions for the Digidestined, causing them and their Digimon partners to be separated. Luckily, their Digimon partners told them the illusions weren't real. When Davis, Ken, and the others returned from the illusions, their Digimon partners all took turns battling MaloMyotismon, which made a hole to the Digital World, presumably destroying MaloMyotismon. But however, MaloMyotismon survived the onslaught of the heroic Digimon, and grew bigger and attacked Imperialdramon, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon as payback. MaloMyotismon then used the power of darkness to open up the gate to the real world. Suddenly, several Digimon gathered around to call help to their human partners from all around the world, who suddenly were summoned to the Digital World with the light, blinding MaloMyotismon, causing him to be weakened. The darkness returned to let MaloMyotismon get stronger, but Davis, Yolei, and the children (who were free from the Dark Spores) shared their onslaught of dreams (and didn't feel doubt no more) and used the light from the Digivices, causing MaloMyotismon's body to be disintegrated, revealing himself as a form of a black cloud of darkness. All the Digidestined used their Digivices to create Imperialdramon's ultimate weapon, the Giga Crusher, and finally destroyed MaloMyotismon for good.
Digimon World Data Squad Edit
When Bakemon was defeated, he digivolved into Myotismon for a round 2. The DATS defeated Myotismon and was reverted into a Digi-Egg.
Digimon Xros Wars Edit
An army of Myotismon were created by Quartzmon. Shoutmon DX and the other Digimon defeated some Myotismon. Then the rest of the Myotismon eventually digivolved into either MaloMyotismon, orVenomMyotismon. All of them were eventually defeated when Omnimon, ShineGreymon Brust Mode, Gallantmon Crimson Mode, Imperialdramon, Susanoomon, and OmegaShoutmon teamed up.
Revived by black magic, this is the King of Undead Digimon who obtained almighty powers. He was once a malignant computer virus, and has the ability to absorb destroyed computer data and revive it into brutal computer viruses. Very cruel and cunning in nature, it is difficult to expel this Digimon. However, he will only unleash his full power when it's at night, and it is said that his power is reduced by half its potential during the day. His special attack is "Night Raid", a surprise attack which involves manipulating countless bats.
As Myotismon Edit
- Crimson Lightning (Bloody Stream in Japanese) : Uses one or more lightning-like streams of blood like a whip.
- Grisly Wing (Night Raid in Japanese): Manipulates a countless swarm of bats, and begins a surprise attack.
- Nightmare Claw (Dead Scream in Japanese): Sends out a black, ghost-like entity that turns the victim black and paralyzes them.
- Cloud Minion:
- Blood Punch:
- Nightmare Wave: Fires eletricity which amplifies the target's doubts and mistrust.
As VenomMyotismon Edit
- Venom Infusion (Venom Infuse in Japan):
- Tyrant Savage:
As MaloMyotismon Edit
- Crimson Mist (Melting Blood in Japan):
- Screaming Darkness (Pandemonium Flame in Japan):
- Mental Illusion:
- Will do whatever his unfortunate victim is afraid he will do. He demonstrates this on Arukenimon, including smacking her with his hand and whipping her with his tail, and finishes her off with some unknown attack from the mouth on his shoulder.
- Wizardmon (later betrayed Myotismon)
|“||Ah, darkness, the perfect cloak for my evil, ideal conditions for producing fear. Human blood always tastes better with a dash of fear in it.||„|
|“||These DigiDestined are making me feel a little batty.||„|
|“||If you fail me again, my bats will have a new chew toy. You!||„|
|~ Myotismon, to DemiDevimon|
|“||I went out to have a bite to eat and to get familiar with the city. It is always so difficult to get a good meal when one is away from home.||„|
|“||You DigiDestined think you're so smart, but in reality, I'm always one step ahead of you.||„|
|“||Soon, now. Not in fire or ice, but in fog, this world will be mine!||„|
|“||Hahahahaha... You foolish DigiDestined. The seven of you are no match for my power. Prepare for your ultimate destruction! AHAHAHAHAHA!||„|
|~ Myotismon, to the DigiDestined|
|“||There's certainly no need to tell them that they won't be sharing in the rewards. I hold all the cards, and they are no longer a mystery now. All I need to do is to find the DigiDestined eighth child.||„|
|“||I shall now be embarking on a journey to another world. There are forces which must be neutralized before our victory here can be complete. But never fear, I shall return in triumph.||„|
|“||It's time to stand back and watch me work my magic. Open the gate to my destiny!||„|
|“||Meanwhile, we are not the only ones looking for him, are we? You dolt! Make sure that those children don't find him first!||„|
|~ Myotismon, to DemiDevimon, about the eighth DigiDestined child|
|“||Losers! Failures! Instead of causing pain and havoc, I find you here, eating ice cream!||„|
|~ Myotismon, to Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon|
|“||Angemon... They must be desperate if they sent you.||„|
|~ Myotismon, to Angemon|
|“||I hope you like fishing, Gatomon, because you are going to be the bait to lure the eighth DigiDestined child. Now, I do not need the crest to find the cowardly, puny human.||„|
|~ Myotismon, to Gatomon|
|“||We'll start by separating the children from their parents. Ah, how they'll scream and weep. Delicious.||„|
|“||Are you done? I'm bored. It's time to finish you off.||„|
|“||Not her! No!||„|
|~ Myotismon as he witnesses Kari activating her Crest of Light|
|“||Do you expect to beat me with geraniums? Nightmare Claw!||„|
|~ Myotismon, to Lillymon|
|“||I don't have to explain myself to the likes of you. It is my destiny to plunge this world into darkness and become king of the Digital World, and no Angel or Digimon has the power to stop me!||„|
|~ Myotismon, after Angewomon asks him if he has ever shown any regrets for his evil deeds|
|“||Perhaps your brain is too small for this job.||„|
|~ Myotismon, to DemiDevimon|
|“||(Oikawa: Am I going crazy or is that mouth talking with my voice?!) A little bit of both, I think.||„|
|~ Myotismon, talking to Yukio Oikawa through an illusion of a giant floating mouth above everyone else's heads using his own voice|
Add a photo to this gallery
- Myotismon/VenomMyotismon/MaloMyotismon is one of the darkest Digimon villains ever alongside Akihiro Kurata, Tactimon, Lord Zamielmon, NeoMyotismon and Machinedramon/Millenniummon.
- Myotismon was voiced in the English vesion by Richard Epcar, who also voiced Etemon and various Digimon antagnoists. Richard Epcar later voiced Terra-Xehanort and Ansem, Seeker of Darknessfrom in the Kingdom Hearts series. He also voiced the Digimon Tamers villain Mephistomon, who shared some similarities to Myotismon including his Mega form Gulfmon, which was like VenomMyotismon
- Myotismon was voiced in the Japanese version by Ryūzaburō Ōtomo, who voiced villains includingCherubimon, Dabura, and Sir Crocodile. His MaloMyotismon incarnation, on the other hand, was voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa who also voiced Yukio Oikawa and Mummymon. Outside Digimon, Toshiyuki voiced Sephiroth, Kimimaro, and Naraku.
- His Japanese name Vamdemon is a mixture of the words Vampire and Demon.
- Two of his more violent scenes in the Japanese version of killing Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon and whipping Salamon (Gatomon's Rookie form) were edited out in the English Dub and in the case of Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon it was substituted by stating he was sending them to his dungeon in the Digital World. His later torture of Arukenimon was slightly edited as well.
- Myotismon is one of two villains to be killed in Season 1 and have their spirit form destroyed for good by a form of Veemon in Season 2, the other being Devimon.
- In addition, Myotismon's disembodied spirit returning to revive himself was also done by Andross inStar Fox Adventures, except Andross could only do this once.
- It is unknown how Myotismon got the Crest of Light when the Crests were stolen by Piedmon and given to Devimon to hide.
- While Myotismon's spirit survives his first two deaths, the first didn't break his fog barrier or his other curses but the second did. The reasons for this are unknown, but it is possible he was significantly weaker this time around as it took an elaborate plan that lasted many years to be revived. Also, his shadow form remains invisible the first two times, but the third time he is destroyed it is immediately visible (enabling his final destruction), possibly due to the lights of the digivices keeping him from hiding.
| Some or all of the information and/or categories on this page may have come from another site such as the Villains Wikia or TVTropes.org. This may include previous edits that are different than the current version. Changes to this page to provide original content are welcomed and encouraged, but this notice must remain on the page at all times.
To visit this page on the Villains Wikia, click here.